Monday 14 June 2010

Boooo. Injured.

What a total twat! After getting back into the groove and actually putting on a harness for the first time in about 7 years, I have gone and injured myself.

Had a good little run last week, wall on Tuesday doing routes, wall on Wednesday bouldering, Bowderstone Thursday. Foolishly didn't warm up enough and leaped onto Hot Air with Ash. Was managing some crazy drop knee with my dodgy leg and felt OK then the pain started in my left hand ring finger. Dull ache to be more precise. Stopped immediately and rested it. IT still fells tweaky so gonna try some easy routes somewhere tomorrow with Ash. Bloody typical!

Otherwise I was feeling ok, hopefully this will pass without too much bother. Non-climbing wise had a good weekend. Went to 2 different parties, didn't drink a massive amount as was driving but ate a lot of buffet food which caused havoc with my IBS. Over that now though so worth the sacrifice for the quiche.

I love quiche!

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got a dodgy pulley at the moment and have found that really aggressive icing is the way forward. Lots of ice cubes in just enough water and hold the hand in until it hurts. A bag or peas just doesn't cut the mustard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've kinda had similar probelsm in the past and found a good old rest was best to let things heal. I was younger and fitter though, so I may need to go down the icing route these days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Buffet food is a killer for IBS. Gets me every time, bloated, discomfort, pain all at the hands of a sausage roll.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just threw caution to the wind and got stuck in. I'm still trying to get to grips with my IBS so was unble to pinpoint the exact cause. Its damn near impossible to stick to a limited diet when there is a fine spread of buffet delights in front of you!

    ReplyDelete