Sunday 9 August 2009

Whats going on?!

Well it has been well over a month since my last visit to my blog....

....And what a crapy month or so it has been. First problem was being drafted in to provide managerial cover in Barrow. This meant driving down 3 times a week, doing 130 odd miles per day for the benefit of Mr Orange. What a waste of my life. I had zero psyche due to the life being sucked out of my by the travelling, it was horrendous.

On the upside though, I have now finished work for Orange, FOREVER!!!

I start my new job tomorrow and can't wait. I will be commuting to Carlisle for a while but after that I will be mainly working from home under my own speed. Combine that fact with a nice VW Passat company car and a fuel card and I am happy! The other major, major bonus is I now have every weekend, bank holiday and Christmas off. Happy bloody times. I should now be able to get into a good routine where climbing and biking are involved which simply must happen.

The last month has been rubbish in terms of exercise. I was going well on the bike until the Barrow saga began. I have not managed any climbing really at all. I was at St. Bees yesterday but was SO weak its unthinkable. I have managed to kick the smokes though, 2 months since I last had one. I said I was going to give up when I got my bike, and I have done this. I had something to aim for. I'm gonna do the same now I am starting a new job.

Fingers crossed I can do what I hope to do. We'll see.

2 comments:

  1. Good effort dumping the evil weed, and on jobs.
    Have to let you know when the Fat Injured Lanky Twat is heading to North Lakes next, you'lll burn that fecker off easy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers dude.

    Not sure I'll be burning anyone off fo a while! Need to keep training fo sho!

    ReplyDelete